- JPG- logo with its versions (e.g. horizontal, vertical, emblem only) must be exported in all color combinations (primary, inverted, black, and white) on a white background and on other colors of the brand palette, if necessary. I usually use a 1000x1000px or 2000x2000px square artboard.
2. PNG- logo and its versions should be exported in all colors on a transparent background.
3.SVG — vector logo with its colored and black and white versions.
4.PDF — export the logo guide or the brand guide in this format.
5. AI or PSD — the logo, its versions in different colors, brand colors and elements, patterns, icons, etc. All the logo files and additional elements can be saved and exported in one master file.
6. ZIP — all the files can be sent in one archive file. You can also send the brand fonts in this format.
It is important to define a certain folder structure.
You may also need to define a naming structure for yourself. Usually, I first specify the version of the logo (vertical, emblem), then the color, color space and additional information, if necessary. For example, emblem_white_RGB_vector.svg or vertical_main_RGB_transparent.png.
When the client receives his files and each time he interacts with them, he forms an opinion and an attitude towards the designer, and, as a rule, if the designer turns out to be incompetent at this stage, you can forget about future collaboration.
To make a good impression, you can add a few “bonuses” to the package, the creation of which does not take much time, but the result will benefit you in the long run.
1. Always include instructions about how to use different file formats from the package. Your client might be puzzled when he/she sees so many file formats he/she is not even familiar with, thus a short instruction on why all these formats are needed and how to use them will greatly help your client.
2. Always provide a logo guide (or a brand guide). It is a pdf file with logo usage guidelines, brand colors, fonts, and other important brand materials. Providing this to your client along with the logo files will greatly surprise him and leave a positive impression.
3. Create a favicon for the web. As we know, nowadays every business should be online and have a website. Whether your clients ask for it or not, you can create a website favicon in 512x512 size, they will surely need it in the future.
Providing a full package, firstly, will save you from constant “small task requests” from your past clients, and secondly, it will show your professionalism and help leave a good impression on your client, who will not only come back to you in the future but will also recommend your services to others.